If you thought serving trays were just for serving tea and biscuits, think again! Decorating with trays not only helps you stay organized, but can be a great way to add definition to a group of trinkets or an empty wall space. Check out these 8 creative ways to use a serving tray, and then tell us how you’re rethinking this traditional houseware!
- As a Coffee Table Or Side Table . Turn an everyday ottoman into a coffee or side table with a serving tray.
- As a Shadow Box. Hang a tray with deeper edges on your wall and use it as a shadowbox to showcase your memories or favorite tiny items.
- To Define A Collection. Show off a collection of your favorite items—black and white photos of your family, colored bud vases, a set of metallic boxes, whatever you’d like!
- As A Message Board. Paint the inside of a serving tray with chalkboard paint and use as a message board or to label dishes when entertaining!
- As A Bathroom Organizer. Keep your hair and make-up items from taking over your bathroom with a strategically placed vanity tray.
- As a Centerpiece. Expand an existing centerpiece or define a collection of items as one by combining them in a tray.
- As Wine Glass Serving Tray. Serve your stunning wine glasses during occasions and special festivities & make an impression.